Grafton Shopping Centre
We currently have a vacancy for a security officer
Must have a 5 year checkable work history
SIA Door Supervision licence
SIA CCTV licence (desirable)
First Aid at work (desirable)
Rate of pay: £9.75p/h
Hours of work: 42hrs including days, nights and weekend
If you wish to be considered for the above position please apply in writing enclosing a current CV to Marcus Green, Soft Services Manager, Management Suite, Grafton Shopping Centre, Cambridge, CB1 1PS
Security Job Description
The Grafton Centre aim to provide a proactive approach to security with customer care as its highest priority whilst providing a professional approach to security. It is therefore essential that all aspects of security are delivered and every task undertaken to the highest standard. All Security will be expected and encouraged to work to the highest SIA licencing requirements possible. All security will be First Aid trained.
Common Security Team Objectives
- To ensure the security and safety of the client team staff, contractors, working colleagues;
- To protect the assets of the client by following recognised best practice techniques/procedures
- To ensure the security and safety of the site
- To effectively organise and manage workloads as required without compromising quality of service provision
- To respond to emergencies and assist with the evacuation and searching of the buildings by following all requirements of the site Emergency Response procedures.
- Presentable in appearance and positive in approach to duties
- Pro-actively ensure that the protection of merchandise, property and assets is controlled and logged.
- Help to create a safe and comfortable working environment for employees and visitors.
- Help to creating an environment that produces a positive team approach, “well-being” and open attitude
- Know and implement The Major Incident Management Plan, threats and evacuations as required.
- Respond to emergency situations as they arise.
- Accurately reporting all incidents to Centre Management.
- Produce all procedural written reports in a timely manner
- Use the correct radio voice procedure.
- Liaising with the emergency services, police, ambulance and fire service to resolve issues and maintain security and service.
- Checking and validating business visitor credentials.
- Controlling the entry and exit of vehicles.
- Making sure that no unauthorised personnel enter restricted areas.
- Answering queries from visitors to the shopping centre.
- Collecting statements and evidence in reported allegations.
- Escalating incidents when required to.
- Patrol as requested whilst being prepared to litter pick or deal with cleaning incidents if required to do so.
- To have knowledge of Control room processes and help in control as directed, especially during breaks etc
- Provide a high level of service to our clients with the emphasis on customer interaction.
- Maintain accurate records and logs of all/any events
- Inform other team members of actions to ensure contingency of operations
- Communicate with operational staff concerning incidents, ensuring that all information escalation routines are observed
- Follow set procedures in the event of any incident/emergency event occurring
- Providing an immediate response to any major/minor incident occurring
- Follow any such reasonable instruction as issued by Senior Line Management
- To deal with customer queries in a professional / polite manner
- To conduct regular patrols of back of house areas
- To ensure when conducting building patrol Health and Safety is adhered to at all times.
- To prevent unauthorised (Banned persons) from entering the premises.
- Conduct a thorough check of all vulnerable points of the perimeter of the buildings. Ensure all exits are secure and no risks are present.
- Check external areas for any suspicious vehicles and report accordingly.
- Staff should be aware of suspect packages being deposited in and around the building and it’s grounds and should make themselves aware of the separate procedure to be adopted should such a devise be discovered.
- To conduct regular checks of areas listed within the Assignment Instructions.
- To prevent and detect fire, water leaks, and any potential safety hazards.
- To carry out any reasonable request issued by management or supervision.
To apply please contact Marcus Green on 01223 316201 or [email protected]